Pages

crushing {thick skin poetry}

Thursday, January 26, 2017





Hello everyone. This is one of the many poems that I have written. This is how I feel when anxiety strikes. If you struggle with anxiety, know it's okay. You will get through it. We will get through it. Enjoy!


 Crushing.

The feeling you get
When you forget

The tightness in your chest
It starts to progress 

Your thoughts are scattered
Like a glass plate that’s just shattered

Your mind races
But you try to pace it

Slow it down
But it just goes faster

And faster it goes
But nobody knows 

The feeling of your chest crushing
Is a secret to all 

And all who have this disease
Just want it to leave 

But it lingers
Like a stalker 

Saying nobody can have you but me
The jealousy strikes

It’s half past midnight
And here I lay 

Crushing away
Silence creeps in 

I’m fast asleep
With no thoughts to impede on me

But when I wake up
The crushing begins

Anxiety, you win.

1 comment :

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran Twitter @lifecoachbloger

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs