Pages

b l e s s e d

Sunday, March 25, 2018




i wanted to write this short(ish) post today, because as i sit here i cannot be more blessed.


i want to start out this post by saying how much i appreciate everyone in my life. my mother, sisters, and brother have continuously been there for me through it all. my friends are the best. there may be few of you but you guys are the best. you support me, you validate me, you cheer me on, and you have all supported me through some of the toughest times in my life.

i am blessed to have such an awesome job (thanks molli!) where i get to go to work and support individuals who otherwise wouldn't get a chance to get out in the community and be involved or even acknowledged. it truly warms my heart that i get the privilege to do this. to be in their lives and to get the honor of taking them out and having so much fun with them. i honestly learn more from them than they do from me.

i am also blessed to have a roof over my head. i have moved a ton these past 4 years but i have always had a roof, a bed, or even a floor to sleep on. i have access to tv, and i can cook meals and that is taken for granted too often. i have hot showers and can take hot baths when i please and this is taken even more for granted.

i have a car. oh whee. this is such a blessing. i can go where i want, when i want, whenever i want. and i know from experience that having this is such a blessing. taking the bus is fun until the 100th time and then having a car sounds real nice. i'm so blessed to have my lil car and gas to get around to where i need.

i have my health. inside and out. i am fully able bodied, and i don't appreciate that all the time. i can walk, run, squat, lift my arms and then i complain about working out? i look at my body and i don't think its perfect because of things that have been ingrained into my brain by society. what if we never complained about our handle bars, belly, and thighs that touch? i realize how grateful i should be and how blessed i am for this body that God gave me.

i have my freedom. oh gee. i didn't realize the freedom that i had, until i had it taken away from me. from being controlled by a father and a culture to being in a toxic relationship. now that i am fully free from all of those situations i realize all the things i can do, places i can go, and the ways i can express myself so freely without punishment. and it is so wonderful. i am also blessed and fortunate to have been able to leave those situations with minor harm and develop a heart full of hope and a mind that is set on never letting that happen again.

i am blessed to be alive. to have another day on this earth. to have breathe and life in me.

thank you for reading

xo

sam




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs