Pages

how expectations ruin us

Tuesday, June 6, 2017





“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ~Bruce Lee

I have realized in my 21 years on earth that I set high expectations, for everything. 

And I am the only one who ever gets hurt by those expectations when someone doesn't meet them. 

I expect people to text me back, and when they don't, I take it personally. 

But the reality is, they don't have too. And just because I like to text people back in a timely manner, that doesn't mean they do. And that is okay. 

Expecting people to be in a good mood, to hang out with you because they are your friends, family or lover is only an expectation that you are holding up. 

I think it is important to know that it is okay to hope for the outcome that you desire, but being overrun by it and developing negative thoughts and feelings about it is not healthy, or worth it. 

As much as you try, you cannot control people or their feelings nor their actions. 

I have learned that you need to stop expecting people to act the way that you would like them too. 

It. Doesn't. Work. 

You need to be able to develop your own happiness and sense of self so that you have power over your thoughts and emotions.

Live in the moment, because this allows you to be present with yourself and your own thoughts. It allows you to not have expectations of others and lets you avoid anger that can lead you down a road of rejection and fear. 

At the end of the day we all have expectations. I know I do. 

But the important thing is to be mindful about what your expectations are, evaluate them, and allow yourself to let go and let live. 

And most importantly live your life. true to you. 

The only life you are in control of is...YOURS! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs