Pages

gratitude when you are grey

Tuesday, February 14, 2017




Hard days like this make it hard to focus on the good.

It's been a point of mine to focus on the good. The great in my life. The best things. Because the bad things don't really matter.

Here's a list of the great things about my life

I am 20 and I have almost completed my bachelors degree
I've never been tied down in a relationship/never been heart broken
I am extremely independent
I will be living out my dream as a journalist soon
I am so capable
I am healthy
I love myself
I have a loving and supportive mother
I have the best brother ever
I have the best friends ever (you know who you are!)
I have a beautiful car
I have a house to sleep in and food to eat
I am literate and I have access to read and learn
I am free/I have a lot of freedom
I am a empathetic and caring person to people who don't always deserve it
I am able to make choices on my own
I can eat candy and not hate myself (unlike in the past)
I get to experience Portland every week
I have access to mental health help
I am not weak. I am strong. I am resilient.
I get to wake up and see the sun every morning and watch the sun set every night.

Gratitude is so important. Take control of your life. Don't let people/comments/events in life get you down. Focus on the GOOD!!!!

I feel much better now, Sameera

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs